Friday, November 10, 2017

Typography



Typography


Overview

     The focus this week was typography. We learned about different fonts, like sans-serif and serif. Also, we learned about the "anatomy" of typography, and the different parts to each letter. Our project  required us to write our name, and identify the different parts of the letters, such as the bowl, or the crossbar. I used Adobe Illustrator to complete my project. I learned a lot about typography and Illustrator while doing this project, too.

What I Learned 

     I learned a lot of new things about typography this week. This was the first time I learned about typography, so I learned a lot of things I didn't know, such as the different parts of the letters. In Illustrator, I learned how to create a line, and add an arrow to the end. The serif and sans-serif fonts was also a new topic I learned more about. I also learned about the spaces between the letters and lines, which is kerning and tracking.

How It Went

     While we were learning about typography in class, I took notes so I could use them when I was creating my project. I also watched the instructions video and followed it step by step. next project, I will add more color to my project. I was struggling to find 10 labels for my project, but I eventually found 10 to use. This project was fu to do, and I learned a lot about typography.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Semester 2 Reflection

Short Film      For this project, we had to create a short film using our own scripts. We started the project by pitching script ideas to...