Thursday, May 23, 2019

Video Semester 2 Reflection

Short Film

     For this project, we had to create a short film using our own scripts. We started the project by pitching script ideas to the class. Next, we created a treatment and synopsis for our scripts. Then we began writing our scripts. After we wrote our scripts, the class voted on the ones that we wanted to produce. Then, we made groups and began pre-production. We did storyboards and production schedules to keep us productive during filming. During filming, we filmed 3 days at 3 different locations. Once we finished filming, we began editing. this project took around 3 weeks to complete. We faced some challenges along the way, such as the Ain during filming days, and the lack of time to edit. We overcame them by using a tarp and umbrella, and by staying extra to edit. I learned about short film production and new editing tricks. Our feedback was that it was really good, but it was hard to follow in some parts. Overall, I thought it turned out good, and it portrayed the script well. 

Music Video

     Another project that we did was creating a music video. We had to create a music video, either from an original idea or recreating another one. It took about 3 weeks to complete. Along the way, we faced challenges, such as filming dates and finding actors. I learned more about editing and shot sequencing. Our feedback was that the filter on the "flashback" videos was too dramatic. We did not get a chance to change it. Overall, I thought it turned out good, and we could have improved it if we had more time.  

Class Time

     I thought I used my class time well this semester. If I finished early, I kept improving the project or did other work. If I needed to, I would come in after school to work on our project. I also dedicated a lot of time outside of class to film.

Strengths

     I think my strengths are in pre-production and editing. I have good ideas for pre-production, and want to plan ahead so we are organized during filming. I also think I am good at editing. I like sequencing the clips and making them the best they can be.

Areas of Improvement

     I can still improve in many areas. I don't really know how to se the camera, so I could improve my camera skills. I also can improve on shots and framing. To improve these areas, I can use the camera more often, and study shots and framing.

Short Film Experience

     During the short film, I was the editor and also helped with some filming and art direction. Our short film was horror/thriller. During the process, I learned a lot about short film production and shot framing. My script writing skills also improved due to writing the longline, treatment, synopsis, and script that I created.

Conclusion

     This semester, I enjoyed the short film and music video. If I could change something, I would perfect all of the shots on our short film so that it was really good, and change the music video a little bit. This semester, I learned a lot about entertainment video and shots, and pre-production. Next year, my goal is to have fun in my ecomm strand, and be successful. This year was really fun, and I learned a lot this year. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Semester 2 Reflection

Short Film      For this project, we had to create a short film using our own scripts. We started the project by pitching script ideas to...