Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Semester Final- Graphic Design

Projects

Greeting Card

     I enjoyed doing the greeting card project this semester. For this project, we had to create a greeting card using Illustrator and InDesign. This project took around 1 week to complete. While creating this, I faced some challenges, such as using InDesign for the first time. I learned how to use Indesign and overcame the challenge. I took feedback from my peers and teacher to make my project better. In my original idea, I wanted to use a calligraphy font, but I ended up not using it because I could not trace it the way I wanted it to look. Overall, I liked the design on my card and thought I did well.


Color Typography

     Another project that we did was the color typography quotes. We picked 4 different quotes, and used typography and fonts to create them. This project took around 1 week to complete. I faced challenges with laying out the text, and finding color schemes. I learned how to mix fonts and make boring fonts more exciting. I got feedback that my colors were too hard to see. I changed one of the designs from the original black and white typography design. I enjoyed this project, and overall thought that I did well, but could have improved in some areas.

Event Advertising

     One of my favorite projects was the special event advertising. We had to research a musician or artist and create advertising for their event using postcards, posters, and tickets. This project took around 2-2.5 weeks to complete. I had some challenges, such as coming up with ideas for postcard design and creating the ticket layout. I learned more about layout and design. My original idea was pretty much the same throughout the project, and did not change drastically. I think that I did well on this project, and that it is one of my stronger projects.

Class Time

     I think I used my class time wisely this semester. If I finished early, I started the blog post or worked on endorsement work. I researched how to improve my skills if I needed the skill for the project. Outside of class, I used Raven 50 to work on endorsement work, such as the Sophomore Committee t-shirt, Fashion Show poster, and address cards for my grandparents.

Strengths

     Some of my strengths include coming up with ideas to make, and using the pen tool. I think that I can come up with a lot of ideas while sketching/thinking, but I have trouble executing them. I also think that my pen tool skills have improved a lot this year, and I now know how to use it to my benefit. I also have good time-management skills, and normally turned in all of my projects on time or earlier than the deadline. 

Areas of Improvement

     I think I can improve in many areas. My technical skills in Illustrator and Photoshop can be improved. I also think that I can improve in vector portraits, because my vector project did not turn out good, and I was disappointed with it. I can also use new color schemes and be adventurous because I tend to use the same shades of colors. 

Conclusion

     Overall, I enjoyed this year in sophomore graphic design. I liked the creative freedom that we had with each project, and how I could make each project unique. If I could change anything in his class, I would do less tutorials I Photoshop because we used Illustrator more often, and I would do more illustrator tutorials. For next year, I want to be successful in my e-Comm strand (SID), and have fun. I enjoyed this class a lot this year, and it helped me learn a lot about graphic design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Semester 2 Reflection

Short Film      For this project, we had to create a short film using our own scripts. We started the project by pitching script ideas to...