Sunday, December 30, 2018

Semester Reflection-Video

Projects

Feature News Story



The objective of this project was to find a person in our class to do a feature news story on. It took around 2 weeks to finish. Some challenges I faced when doing this project is that we had to refilm the interviews because the sound didn't work. I learned a lot about editing news stories because this was the first assignment we had like that. I was told to take out B-roll that didn't make sense, and also that the sequencing was good.


News Story




For this project, we had to create a feature news story. It took around a week and a half to finish. While we were filming, we had issues with the camera. Editing was also a challenge because we did not have as much time as we usually do to edit. I learned about natural sound while doing this project. My feedback was that the video was sequenced well.

Class Time

     I have used my time in class efficiently. If I finished my project early, or if I had extra time in class, I would improve my project. I would also start the blog post if I had more time after that. Outside of class, if I needed to work, I would stay during lunch or after school to work on a project.

Strengths and Improvements

     My strengths in video are sequencing and working in a team. I try to spend time on sequencing so it stands out and makes sense. I also can work in a team well, which is important because all of our projects are in groups. I can improve on using natural sound, and using all 6 shots when filming B-roll. If I improve these things, hopefully they can make my projects even better.

ONW Now

For the ONW Now project, my role was anchor. We had to write the scripts as anchors, and then film the broadcast. My group made the Word From the Halls feature story. While doing this project, I learned a lot about the process and roles behind ONW Now, and the work that goes into it. I enjoyed doing this project because it gave us a chance to see if this is something we want to do next year.

Summary

     This semester, I liked doing the ONW Now project and the news stories. If I could do it again, I would use a variety of B-roll, and natural sound. This semester, I learned about news writing and feature stories and how to film and edit them. One goal I want to set is to improve my projects by using different B-roll shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Semester 2 Reflection

Short Film      For this project, we had to create a short film using our own scripts. We started the project by pitching script ideas to...