Thursday, March 21, 2019

Vector Portrait

Pre-Production

     For this project, we had to choose a photo of a family member or ourselves and use vectors to make a portrait. I originally chose a picture of my sister, but I ended up switching to a different picture because the lighting in the photo was weird. After I selected my image, I put it into Adobe Photoshop, and cropped it to be 8x10. Then, I added a posterization layer to make the values in the picture more apparent.

Production

     I put the edited picture into Adobe Illustrator, and started creating my project. When I first started, i was extremely detailed, but it was taking up too much time. I restarted on a new layer, and started with the eyes instead of the skin. I started with the inside of the eye, and worked my way out, and finished with the eyelashes and eyelid, and the eyebrows. Next, I did the mouth. I used the picture as a reference, but I mostly created the teeth and braces by themselves instead of tracing. I then did the lips, and put all of the components together. Next, I did the nose. I struggled with the nose, and could not get it to look how it was in the picture.I moved on to the skin. I colored the skin first, then did the highlights and shadows. I also couldn't get the skin to look how I wanted. Then, I did the hair by starting with the main colors and shapes, and then moving on to the smaller details. I finished the project by doing the neck and the shirt.

Final Product

     Overall, I thought my final product could be better. I struggled with the nose, skin, and highlights/shadows. If I had more time, I would work harder on these aspects, and improve them. I thought that the mouth was the best part of the project. I also would add more detailed eyelashes if I had more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Semester 2 Reflection

Short Film      For this project, we had to create a short film using our own scripts. We started the project by pitching script ideas to...